Protecte file....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattew

Banned
well i was wondering if there` s ne way of making a normal document file ne thing (video, audio , document ...etc) to make a system protected file so as to ensure its security from other users....
the main point is to make it virtually undetectable even thru searching programs (basically windows one )

No. A windows search will go even thru system protected files and find them. Even hidding them wont work.

well mrcoffee both the links u have mentioned are extremely good... no doubt about that .. but is there ne easier way of doing it.
i mean hiding in the system protected files will it work...... ?How to hide files on Windows « Brownian Motion

well that is good only for ntfs file system wat about fat32 ....? it seems unlikely that the method would work out...

FAT32 is old and dead technology. You should be on NTFS. F\Plus that isnt jsut done with Windows. That is using a 3rd party tool jsut like those that Mr.Coffee suggested.

Ah but unless i'm mistaken you can do it with the standard windows command line, though its less neat than using the unix cat command. I'll see if I can dig up an article...

Edit: here we go: Hide sensitive files with Alternate Data Streams - WindowsSecrets.com

Mattew, if you are using FAT32 for some reason you might want to concider converting to NTFS. This can be done from the command line using the convert command

How to convert a FAT16 volume or a FAT32 volume to an NTFS file system in Windows XP

Be warned that its a one way process though.

that was too good ...
a step by step procedure to hide files....
as far as mak has told i guess mine should be a NTFS not fat32... cuz i use xp.
but not sure of it. .

thnx once again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom