Pros and Cons of Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biohazard_2.0

Baseband Member
I think that MS should start the CPP NOW (Consumor Preview Program) I want to check out vista now. Who has it and if you have it reply to me telling the Pro's and Cons Please.

The thread at the top has all the info you are looking for. I know its long to read but it has everything you are looking for in Pros and Cons.

Its very nice just make sure you install it onto a new partition or different hdd from xp. I installed it on the same partition and it made XP not work :s which meant another reformat and instal of XP for me :(
You WILL have driver problems though. and its hard to find an antivirus or antispyware for it because its just beta OS. And it uses about 600mb of RAM so 1Gb is like having just under 512mb of RAM. Its best to have 2gig.

Other than that its nice :)

PROS - Appearance, 64-bit support, easy to use

CONS - System Requirements, Application Compatiblity, still hasnt been released, price

$250 for Home Basic, $400 for Home Premium, $600 for Professional, $900 for Enterprise.

snypercore said:
CON:
you need high specs to use it
false?

1.0 Ghz processor you all have that

256 Mb RAM I'm sure you have that too

64 Meg Video card for full blown areo pretty-ness. I'm sure most but not all of you have this

I do not care what Microsoft says I have tested Vista many times and these are the true minimum requirements where if you do not have better the install with not proceed. Tested in Virtual Machine settings.

256mb ram!? false, i hav also used vista beta 2 and just when its not doing anything it uses about 600mb ram. 256mb will make the system extremely slow.

inconclusive

You said yourself you used 600 Mb I said I experimented in Virtual PC changing the allowed RAM for the virtual OS. 256 is the cutoff to finish installing therefore it is the minimum requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom