Props to Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJamesJR

In Runtime
I've been a long time XP user/cheap PC user. I had the IBM laptop for roughly 7 years. On it was XP Professional SP3. Just put in my final orders for my new rig. Finally a good PC. Anyways, I just came into a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and I must say... Awesome.

You see, since the backlight in my IBM finally blew out I reverted to my girl friends Acer (laptop) which was running Vista. What a POS. Consistently crashing. The CPU would shut down due to over heating when running apps such as MS Word... On idle, the core temps were hitting 70c, 90c under load, and it was doing this since day 1 out of the package. Naturally, I decided to use her laptop as kind of a "tester" for Windows 7 Ultimate before putting it in my new custom PC. What a difference! It's about as load-less as XP was, with more "UMPH".

Idle temps are now 50c, 70c under load, and no crashing. I've barely scratched the surface of this OS and I'm already loving it. Starts right up, no bloatwear, installation was a breeze (hardly had to press a button... Honestly), nifty little "gadgets"... I'm sold. I'm bought and didn't have to spend a penny on it no thanks to a good nerdy friend. Can't wait to get my parts in and put this sucker in a REAL PC.

5/5, 10/10... Highly recommend this OS to anyone still using Vista, or even XP. Seriously, to me it's like XP on crack.

Okay, I'm done boasting.

I can vouch for it as well. I have Win7 Ultimate running on machine, and Win7 Home Premium on my wife's and her mom's computers. Both my wife and her mom were die-hard XP fans, but both love Win7. ;)

Vista wasn't bad on my computer at the time (dual core, 4GB RAM, HD3850). I installed Win7 on the same machine... even better.

I enjoyed Vista. It never ran bad on my Dell 8400. I actually had a harder time switching to XP than i did Vista. I hated the fact that it was always so weak and always so prone to every attack. I dont like installing extra software to protect myself when it shouldnt be needed.

I've been a long time XP user/cheap PC user. I had the IBM laptop for roughly 7 years. On it was XP Professional SP3. Just put in my final orders for my new rig. Finally a good PC. Anyways, I just came into a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and I must say... Awesome.

You see, since the backlight in my IBM finally blew out I reverted to my girl friends Acer (laptop) which was running Vista. What a POS. Consistently crashing. The CPU would shut down due to over heating when running apps such as MS Word... On idle, the core temps were hitting 70c, 90c under load, and it was doing this since day 1 out of the package. Naturally, I decided to use her laptop as kind of a "tester" for Windows 7 Ultimate before putting it in my new custom PC. What a difference! It's about as load-less as XP was, with more "UMPH".

Idle temps are now 50c, 70c under load, and no crashing. I've barely scratched the surface of this OS and I'm already loving it. Starts right up, no bloatwear, installation was a breeze (hardly had to press a button... Honestly), nifty little "gadgets"... I'm sold. I'm bought and didn't have to spend a penny on it no thanks to a good nerdy friend. Can't wait to get my parts in and put this sucker in a REAL PC.

5/5, 10/10... Highly recommend this OS to anyone still using Vista, or even XP. Seriously, to me it's like XP on crack.

Okay, I'm done boasting.

Okay none of theses are becasuse of Vista..... You just have za **** laptop. The OS doesn't make heat or crash.... I have yet to crash due to anything but a bad overclock. My acer laptop runs just fine, temps are only an issue when I don't keep the fans dusted.
Vista has never been an install issue, and "bloatware" only comes from the manufactuers.

Yes Vista has issues, but so did your beloved XP....

You can't call blame an OS for a **** computer.

BTW you know you can't now legally put that copy of Win7 on your 'real" computer eh.

My experience of Vista was meh. It started pretty well but after a year or so it started misbehaving.

paton, he can lagally put it on another computer if
a) it is a retail copy and he removes it from the old computer first or
b) it is a multi-person license (I think they do a family license for up to three machines within the same household)

I never had Vista on anything I owned, went straight from XP to 7.

My experience of Vista was meh. It started pretty well but after a year or so it started misbehaving.

paton, he can lagally put it on another computer if
a) it is a retail copy and he removes it from the old computer first or
b) it is a multi-person license (I think they do a family license for up to three machines within the same household)

Who ever has bought a retail version........ But yha I know about that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom