Prolblem With Boot.ini file!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skaterdude_04

Solid State Member
hi,
recenlty i have been having problems starting up Windows XP Professional. It comes up with a message saying something like could not boot from boot.ini and also check your hardware configuration.(Something like that).So i checked to see if my boot file is correct by going onto run->MSCONFIG and i clicked on the boot.ini tab and clicked on "check all boot paths", and an error message pops up saying

"It appears that the following line in the BOOT.INI does not refer to a valid operating system:
"multi(0)disk(0)partition(1)\Windows"Microsoft Windows Xp Professional" /fastdetect"
Would you like to remove it from the BOOT.INI file?
Yes/No"

So at the moment i have clicked no. Before i had XP i had Windows ME/2000. So maybe ther needs to be a line in there aswell for that i don't know. But i can't repair this BOOT.INI file with the XP cd because i don't have because i took my computer into a shop to have it upgraded and they didn't give me a disk.

So please help.
skaterdude

THEN YOU BETTER GO BACK AND GET IT, IF IT'S YOURS!!

if you BOUGHT Windows XP Pro and didn't get a disk then you might have gotten ripped! go back and get a disk from them. I have heard of store's doing this and reusing the disk over and over again saving them money and keeping you guys coming back, cause you can't "Do it yourself"

doing a windows repair would more than likely fix this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom