programs won't install WIN 2000 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessie

Beta member
Hi, My daughter managed to download a backdoor virus last week which renamed itself and caused all sorts of problems, anyway, to make a long story short, I reformatted her HD, and reinstalled her windows 2000 Proffessional.

The problem now is that we can't seem to get her antivirus software installed, its Panda, it starts the installation and then stops no explanation given. We have tried numerous programs and they all stop as soon as the information is loaded. I managed to get her AVG's software loaded but that doesn't help with spyware.

Any additional programs that we have downloaded have the same results, looks like it is going to install then nada. Loads the files and quits.
I did manage to get bug doctor installed and it claims to have found over 200 missing shortcuts. I had a quick peak at the registry to see if there was any softawre files there that I didn't recognize and to make sure that all programs that she had before the reformat were gone and it looks ok.

Anyone run across this before or have any suggestions? cause I am stumped.

Thanks...

Go check your services, I once disabled an option in my friends service by mistake while tweaking it and he couldn't install anything.

This was awhile ago so i forgot which one it was.

go to start>run>services.msc

Hi, I looked at it and compared her settings to my machine and they all look ok. My machine works like a charm :)..

Thanks for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom