Programs Stalling in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

goblin_bee

Baseband Member
I'm having serious problems with induvidual programs freezing in Vista. This started suddenly yesterday. Programs will work for a couple of minutes before freezing. Sometimes they return to normal after 30 seconds or so, but just as frequently they become 'stuck' for good.

I ran a full scan with AVG free and it has picked up nothing.

Check your temps. Download a free program to monitor those temps and see if maybe your CPU/GPU is overheating.

By temps, do you mean C:/Windows/Temp? I should have mentioned, I've already cleared that out.

How can I find out if my CPU is overheating?

No, temps as in temperatures.

CoreTemp, RealTemp, etc. are good ones for CPU temps.

For GPU, just use RivaTuner or ATiTool.

No, temps as in temperatures.

CoreTemp, RealTemp, etc. are good ones for CPU temps.

For GPU, just use RivaTuner or ATiTool.

Oh, ok, thank you. This is a screen shot of Core Temp while Firefox was freezing.

coretemp.jpg

Does anything seem out of the ordinary?

your core's are are very cold. even when not in to much use dosen't every one else think it's too cold or is it just me

Well, that was my first thought. I don't know anything about hardware, but I'm fairly sure that the room is warmer that 11 degrees celcius. Could the readings be wrong?

Try RealTemp, or boot into your BIOS and check to see if it gives temp readings there.

Yea that's a false reading, any active processor should have put out more heat than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom