Programs only run in Admin?? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2006, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Programs only run in Admin??

Whenever I install an Adobe program (CS2 and Acrobat) in Windows XP pro, I get an error saying to reinstall the program cause the liscense is wrong etc. But I am able to run the program perfectly fine from the Administrator desktop. Why is it doing this? I installed from my other username, yet it only runs in Admin. How do I get around this? Thanks

Old 12-19-2006, 05:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Send a message via Yahoo to talldude123

Some programs simply won't work in Limited Accounts. But that's strange that CS2 doesn't work.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Reinstall it, select "install for all users" ... fixed.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Originally posted by The General
Reinstall it, select "install for all users" ... fixed.
Do I need to install from the Admin?
Old 12-20-2006, 10:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Well I reinstalled from the Admin and I still get this **** error when trying to access the program from another user account which has "Administrator Privelages".

"An error has been detected with a required application library and the product cannot continue. Please reinstall the application."

There is no option when I reinstall the application to set the users to "All". This is a dead end here. Any suggestions?
Old 12-20-2006, 11:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie

you could try changing settings on the ".exe" itself, and give 'everyone' execute or 'full control'
Case:NZXT Trinity Silver PSU:Apevia Aspire 500W UV Green Motherboard:Asus A8N-SLI CPU:AMD Athlon 64 3500 CPU Cooler:Zalman CNPS7700-Cu Video:2x eVga nVidia GeForce 6800XT (256MB DDR) RAM:2Gig (4x512 Corsair TwinX dual channel) HDD:160Gig Seagate Barracuda SATA, 200Gig Maxtor SATA III CD/DVD:LG DVD ROM, NEC 16XDVD+-RW
(\__/) This is Bunny. Put him in your
(='.'=) signature and help him on his way
(")_(") to world domination
Old 12-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Master Techie

Uninstall and reinstall. in the install area where you can select a custom install, do so. Specify that this is an all users install. if the application still won't work or gives errors, then you need to download this : FileMon and RegMon
Run that as an admin while you are logged in as the user. then launch the program as the user. This will allow you to look for any permissions errors that are occuring. If you find permission errors correct them. The bigest problem that using users has is that the setup is never developed for proper application support and usage. This is something I'm very familiar with as the environment I support is done this way.

Good luck

Closed Thread