Programs to make multiple CD copies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plannigan

Beta member
Hi All,

Just a quick question and please forgive me if this is in the wrong section:

I am considering purchasing a second combi DVD/CD external writer and was wondering whether Nero or any other CD burning programs supported multiple copying/backups i.e. original is in reader, two blank discs are in the two writers, can they be burned simultaneoulsy?

Many Thanks
Paul

Yes nero has the option to burn to multiple writers from an image on the hard disk or from reading from a cd-rom. I suggest you create an image on your hard disk for faster access and to avoid buffer underun kicking in. you can probably use as many cd-burners as your motherboard supports for multiple burning.

Roxio easy dvd/cd creator probably has the same feature

cdrwin support up to 32 drives. make sure you are using the exact same drives when you do this

Cheers guys, am I to assume the option becomes obvious on Nero when two writers are installed? I should also point out that I only have the latest OEM version that came with my writer btw(version 6.3). Is it still an option on this?

Cheers in Advance
Paul

with nero you don't need the exact same drive model to make it work because it can adjust the burning speed for each burner so that they don't all have to burn at the same speed. When I was trying it out one of my cd's was done burning while the other one took a few moments longer to burn even though they were both burning at 48x. each burner was a different brand

ekÆsine said:
with nero you don't need the exact same drive model to make it work because it can adjust the burning speed for each burner so that they don't all have to burn at the same speed. When I was trying it out one of my cd's was done burning while the other one took a few moments longer to burn even though they were both burning at 48x. each burner was a different brand

The only reason I say to use the exact same burner is to make sure you won't encounter any errors. You might not get any errors if you do it every once in awhile, but if you do it on a continous basis, you will get errors, then you will have to toss the cd(s). because all burners are not made the same. some (most) burners start burning slowly than faster as the recording progresses. not all do so at the same rate, however. other burners (very few) will burn at a consistent rate throughout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom