Program setup problem in xp pro - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Post Program setup problem in xp pro

I'm having a problem getting some setup programs to run and excute.
Mainly it has to do with all versions of Irfanview. usually I quick reboot xp pro will fix it however this is not the case. is there anyway I can this problem ?

Old 05-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Re: Program setup problem in xp pro

Hello,

What happens when you try and run the program?

|Gaming PC| |Dell Latitude E7250| |Macbook Air 13" (Mid 2013)|
|Windows 10 Pro (x64)| |Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.3 GHz| |MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X| |Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler| |Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-GAMING 5 mATX Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD| |Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-SDRAM| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Old 05-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired.

Send a message via AIM to peterhuang913

no specs, simple description...

My computer uses 1.5A-load, .8A-idle, .65A-standby, .05A-turned off on 125V.
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcent View Post
I need to stop using the internet.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

I'll say it again.... when I run the program for Irfanview it will begin to load setup and will crash and says it needs to close. I tried this 4 times with no availl.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMikeXP View Post
I'll say it again.... when I run the program for Irfanview it will begin to load setup and will crash and says it needs to close. I tried this 4 times with no availl.
Alright, I see. You didn't mention that it crashed, with an error message.

Does this happen with other programs? A problem like this is difficult to diagnose . Is there any useful information in the error message?

The problem may be due to the specific hardware and software configuration of your system, and because all systems are unique, there are many variables involved. You might end up having to use a different image viewer - the simplest solution.

|Gaming PC| |Dell Latitude E7250| |Macbook Air 13" (Mid 2013)|
|Windows 10 Pro (x64)| |Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.3 GHz| |MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X| |Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler| |Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-GAMING 5 mATX Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD| |Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-SDRAM| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Old 05-07-2007, 09:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Ok here is the error screen

here is the software I've been using for the past 3 years IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide I use it for graphics use, not previewing images.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Monster Techie

yeah your initial post isn't very clear...quite vague...and the followups are similar...

some setup programs to run and execute...
mainly has to do with all versions of irfanview...

1 of 2 things (highly summarized things)

1 - bad system, via brokens files, virii/malware corruption, massive file fragmentation

2 - corrupt files, could be your downloads are corrupted. What other setup programs are there that you encounter this?

Irfanview...I have used this through seveal versions...I forget what numbers...but all have worked for me...across something like 10 pcs.

Do some narrowing down - take these same files and see if they execute normally on other computers (if you have access)

Redownload from another computer

Do a chkdsk/scandisk.

On a whim...sometimes those MS error reports give you back some pinpoint data...not sure if you're lucky enough. I've had such luck and I love it.

Closed Thread