Program setup problem in xp pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
I'm having a problem getting some setup programs to run and excute.
Mainly it has to do with all versions of Irfanview. usually I quick reboot xp pro will fix it however this is not the case. is there anyway I can this problem ?

I'll say it again.... when I run the program for Irfanview it will begin to load setup and will crash and says it needs to close. I tried this 4 times with no availl.

I'll say it again.... when I run the program for Irfanview it will begin to load setup and will crash and says it needs to close. I tried this 4 times with no availl.

Alright, I see. You didn't mention that it crashed, with an error message.

Does this happen with other programs? A problem like this is difficult to diagnose :confused:. Is there any useful information in the error message?

The problem may be due to the specific hardware and software configuration of your system, and because all systems are unique, there are many variables involved. You might end up having to use a different image viewer - the simplest solution.

Ok here is the error screen

errorloges5.png

here is the software I've been using for the past 3 years IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide I use it for graphics use, not previewing images.

yeah your initial post isn't very clear...quite vague...and the followups are similar...

some setup programs to run and execute...
mainly has to do with all versions of irfanview...

1 of 2 things (highly summarized things)

1 - bad system, via brokens files, virii/malware corruption, massive file fragmentation

2 - corrupt files, could be your downloads are corrupted. What other setup programs are there that you encounter this?

Irfanview...I have used this through seveal versions...I forget what numbers...but all have worked for me...across something like 10 pcs.

Do some narrowing down - take these same files and see if they execute normally on other computers (if you have access)

Redownload from another computer

Do a chkdsk/scandisk.

On a whim...sometimes those MS error reports give you back some pinpoint data...not sure if you're lucky enough. I've had such luck and I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom