??program lag??

Dustinicus

Solid State Member
im new and all but here is my Q... i got 2 exact same computers the only difference is that one has an extra hard drive for storage space, 2x the RAM... not to mention the mouse keyboard and monitor <-- im pretty sure that dont matter much.... but basically the one with more stuff is lagging while the one with less isnt... only other thing i can think of is that the ram on the "slower" computer is 2x 256 sticks while the "faster" has 2x 512 sticks....

Obviously if the one with less ram isnt lagging the one with more is slower.... BUT seeing as there really isnt any difference in their setup other than the one with less ram basically dont have a case on it cause i just kinda threw it together for a network computer(long story) and didnt have ALOT of the sheet metal cause i was about to throw the shell away before i found a use...

Im rambling sorry, but can anyone point me in the right direction??

thanks
Dustin

Okay wait. I am confused. So what your saying is that the one with only 512MB of RAM is faster than the one with 1GB of RAM?

You fail to mention CPU, OS in use or how much of the hard drive is filled up. Yes that matters.

Yes a system with less RAM can operate faster, if the hard drive in use has more free space. Windows will slow down when you have over 85% of your free space used cause it doesn't have the room necessary to do what it must.

Hello!
Would you care to clarify a bit?

Fill out the following for each machine:

RAM:
CPU:
GFX Card:
HDD:
Used space:
PC Maker:

Thanks!
Matt

sorry bout the lack of clarification.

first one
RAM: 420
CPU: 1.6ghz celeron
GFX Card: on board
HDD: 34.5
Used space: 17.1
PC Maker: acer

second
RAM: 768
CPU: 1.6ghz celeron
GFX Card: on board
HDD: 74.5
Used space: 37.7
PC Maker: acer

so run a 256 in each and a 512 in each? the reason the ram isnt exact cause for the one with more ram i tried to adjust the bios for vid memory, and it didnt help so i havent switched it back, and for the one with less ram there isnt a problem so i didnt bother with it

that is exactly how it is, and it dont seem to matter... any one have any other ideas as to what my problems might be?

thanks
Dustin

I understand that celeron sucks, im saving to get a new board/processor/power supply now... I mostly dont understand why the one is working WAY better than the other and thought some one might have some insight that I didnt know about.
Thanks for all the help anyway, is there a board or something here that sells quality used parts?

thanks
Dustin

Back
Top Bottom