program installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_booto

Baseband Member
hey all,

K, i bought my self a sweet gaming pc and im having problems with it already. well only in XP so far. i have freshly installed XP and just did all the drivers and what not to get it goin. but now im having problems installing some programs i got off the net. these programs for far are, Firefox, msn messenger, and winamp. once i had them downloaded it and tried to run them it came up with a window saying they had unknown certificates. i install these certificats and now the files seem to be having problems, eg. messenger says " Extracting file failed. it is most likely caused by low memory (low disk space for swapping file) or corrupted cabinet file." firefox says it has a 7-zip data error which is unspecified. please help! i got the feeling this will happen to all programs i download. CRAPPY MICROSOFT!

peace,

look i know microsoft softwares arent bug free but thats no reason to blame em for every little thing that goes wrong , anyway it sounds like a ram problem use memtest86+ to check it
http://www.memtest.org/download/1.65/memtest86+-1.65.iso.zip
(it runs nonstop until you restart,give it at least 11 passes) anyway report back when done , and even if errors will be found it doesnt always mean the ram is bad. in alot of cases it means the timings are set too tight or the voltage is set bit too low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom