Professional or X64?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Windows XP Professional. x64 sucks because it has terrible driver support. Plus, gaming won't shine on x64 till the release of Windows Vista next year. Games don't run too well with x64 right now, unless their 64-bit, which I know of only one game that currently is (Far Cry). Right now, you will be much better with Professional.

Get XP Pro if you cannot wait. X64 is in Beta and drivers will be buggy. I'd personally wait for 2006 for Vista it will be fully supported think of X64 as a transition OS.

beed I've been meaning to ask for some time why not post the HTML code for that search feature?

Why does everyone hate Windows X64 when it doesn't look like any of you run it?

Every gaming benchmark I've seen shows that even 32 bit games run as good or a little bit better on x64, not to mention the fact that the rest of the Operating System runs on the rock-solid Windows Server 2003 SP1 kernel....

The only time you're going to run into driver problems is with crap like TV cards and other weird stuff.

EDIT: By the way, X64 is NOT in Beta.

Xp por is much better they still havent finshed up x64 and like everyone says its still in BETA. Because of the support it has not that much your better off with XP Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom