Processes using too much memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddog707

Baseband Member
I recently upgraded from 4GB of ram to 8GB & I noticed in the task manager the processes that run in the background use up more memory than they did when I had 4GB of ram. Why is that? Is there certain processes that can be disabled so I can have more memory available?

why would you upgrade to 8gb anyway? you only need it if you are doing professional type stuff.....Besides, the more memory you have the more your computer will use. It's suppose to use memory to load things faster, why are you acting like it's a bad thing?

Hello,

Are you running a 32 Bit OS? If so you are only causing more conflict on your system. You need to rub 64 Bit to even make use of anything more than 4GB. So whar OS and what Bit are you running?

Cheers,
Mak

I'm using 64x Vista Home Premium. I've read things about making a customized page file instead of having the op automatically handle it.

Hello,

Yes that would be a way to go. Plus moving this to the Windows area since this has nothign to do with hardware. This is all about the OS.

In this area you will see a topic about Microsoft releasing some notes on how to customize Vista. Read thru that.

I would also suggest doa custom pagefile.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom