Processes Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshSB

Geek Squad
Okay, before anyone asks I have searched and found nothing on the topic, now onto the question:

I have 50 processes running currently on my computer (in sig) with none of them taking up any CPU usage except for Firefox or explorer.exe every now and then, now, I have 2 gigs so I still have 1.6 GB available memory while all of these are running. I have also checked online and almost all of them state they are for various programs, itunes, powerdvd, nero ect.

Is it a bad thing with 50 of them running or no?

Well, Windows XP starts with 19 processes, so you have about 31 extra processes. With your amount of RAM, that is fine. If you have anything by Norton, remove it, that's what you should be concerned about :p

If you're worried that you're running unnecessary processes, you can look them up at Process Library. That what you can see what each process does and whether you want to keep it running.

before gaming its best to remove all startup items & reboot, then i'm running 16 processes and I'm 100 % guaranteed smooth gameplay and no worries of background apps stealing resources or causing conflicts.

when your not gaming, and the pc is running good, i wouldn't worry about it.

I do not worry about not running smoothly, my dual cores work fine and I have yet to find a game that takes up more than 1.6 GB of RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom