Problems With Win XP and Drivers After Format.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcmdm

Beta member
Ok I have a problem with Windows XP Professional. I put the disk in and let it load from the cd and I reformated my hard drive then reinstalled Windows XP Pro. Now I am having problems with installing drivers. Like my sound car and my video card. When I try to install them it says access denied. Can someone please help me out this 800x600 resolution is killing me. And also I need my sound.

Thanks
Marc

Can you log in as administrator to fix the problem? are you logged in as administrator?

What type of hardware are you running, XP is usaully really good about detecting hardware.

ok lets see there are only 2 accounts on my puter and that is Marc (administrator) and Guest and the guest is turned off. I have had win xp pro working fine before with my hardware. but I reformated and then reinstalled and it will not accept my sound car or my video card.

Video Card: S3 SavageDDR
Sound Card: CMedia CMI8738

PLEASE HELP ME

MARC

Hi marcmdm, after you installed winXP, did it ask you to install your driver? If not, I think it installed all of the drivers successfully and perhap because of system files.
I came up against this problem and I solved it by this way. But I'm not sure so you should try to boot on by the CD and repair winXP.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom