Problems with Win XP domain account. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpme00

Beta member
Hello, this is my first post. I recently moved away from a networked environment where my computer was part of the domain. The company that provided me with a computer made my logon (the one I used for everything) a domain account (in the logon screen I type my username, password, and scroll down to the domain). Anyway. When I got home I went into properties and took the computer off the domain, but now I can no longer access that account!. I didnt even know the password for the local administrator account and I was completely locked out of my computer. I had to find a way to reset the local admin password just to use the computer, but I cant log in to my old domain account, which has all my personal settings, favorites, etc. Basically, I want to know if there is a way to get access back to this account so I can use it. The files are still there, but I dont want to have to start a new account from scratch. Any ideas??

sorry im not the best to be helping you. but i got an idea :)
ok now u said the files are still there right? and ur only problem is that it says u cant log on to this account but u can log on to ur local admint.. best thing i can think of is this (its not the best way) but its the only one i know!
open ur files that list off ur user accounts... i think u can do that.. sorry if not. but anyhow u can just copy them make a new domain name paste them and chances are itll keep your settings i hope that helped if not sorry

If the files (favorites etc.) are still there then just copy them from your domain account folder in My Documents and Settings to a new account.

It should work although considering it's a domain account I'm not 100% sure. I would imagine the local profile is still there though.

Also check the folder Application data for any settings that your apps might have stored there.

-GrayWolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom