problems viewing some characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
hey guys i have some problem viewing characters and i have installed all the languages on regional and language options with east asian languages and comlpex scripts from left to right. In firefox when i see this page Unicode: Update {ASC nnnn} for EnableHexNumpad Registry Key (for example) the character pi becomes boxed with f 0 7 0 (top left top right bottom left bottom right respectively) and on internet explroer it becomes a square. I just reinstalled a fresh copy of xp a week ago and now it's giving me all these problems. how do i fix this? and this has to do nothing with encoding because i tried most encoding including unicode and utf 8 and common ones but nothing seems to work.

have you installed the languages you need?

I'm doing this from Vista but xp might be similar

control panel > regiaonl and language options > keyboards and languages >
then you should see an install/uninstall languages button

xp might be this:
Control Panel->Regional Settings->Languages->Install support for complex scripts including...

you'll need your disc I think, and a reboot

might work...give it a shot if not
squares are typically a missing font issue

Hello,

The real question is can those pages be viewed in the new language? I have no problems viewing it in English. But maybe there is no character for some of the text on that page in the language you are using therefor you get those errors.

Have you tried to revert back to English to see if you can view the pages correctly? Have you tried to translate those pages?

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom