Problems with Temp folder (USERTEMP & WINTEMP)

it's been my understanding that WMP will put DRM on the personal music files that you rip from your own cd's, meaning that it will license your pc to play the music but if you attempt to play the tunes on another pc they won't have the proper license to play

I've moved between several PC's, and even played my music on several different types of players: a Patriot Box Office media player that's hooked up to my TV, my Plex Media Server, all of my different kinds of MP3 players I've used (SanDisk, Zune, my Android devices), and I've never had an issue with them.

Plus, I never said I rip music with WMP ;). I did with my library ages ago to digitize it...but haven't ripped a CD in a while. I believe I still have used WMP to do it though and didn't notice any DRM injected into it.

I was referring to the native Windows cd burning software on versions 7 & 8, not any third party software

I think it does allow that I had to rip 2 albums for my church 2 weeks ago.
Yes its copyrighted by them and legalized under their affiliates.
Windows media player itself allows ripping of commercial or non commerical.

Playwise It'll play on any other player not unless its protected by:
Microsoft Windows Media Digital Rights Management (DRM) system

You may be unable to play protected content after your computer hardware changes

This:
This issue occurs because the Windows Media DRM system maintains information based on the hardware configuration of the computer. If certain components are changed, Windows Media DRM may not work because it may view the change as an unauthorized attempt to move protected content to another computer.

I think it does allow that I had to rip 2 albums for my church 2 weeks ago.
Yes its copyrighted by them and legalized under their affiliates.

Joe meant commerical CD's that have copy protection built into the disc, not just copyrighted. Unlesss that's what you meant the 2 albums were? I took it as CD's that were made/copyrighted by the church.

Joe meant commerical CD's that have copy protection built into the disc, not just copyrighted. Unlesss that's what you meant the 2 albums were? I took it as CD's that were made/copyrighted by the church.

Thats what I mean't carnage look at my reply again. -_-
Besides that any recent or new cds albums or even dvd or blue rays have that copy protection built into it.
If the company or organization ask for it to be implemented during production.
Other than that windows media player won't mention anything yet.

Heres a sneaky one for you though, if you a rip cd and the artist makes it copy proteced with microsoft online...
Windows media player gathers info about the song comes back to you and may say you can use it on this computer anywhere else "no".

Have had that happen to me a few times other than that rest of the songs I rip or capture windows media doesn't care for.

Microsoft programmers have been -MIGHTY- busy these past few years.

Back
Top Bottom