Problems with svchost.exe - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2008, 10:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Problems with svchost.exe

I'm new to the forum and have a question about a problem I'm having with my computer. I had a high percentage of useage from svchost.exe on my laptop and it was running slow and sluggish. I came across the following site:

» How to Fix svchost.exe using 100% CPU / Memory Leak - Technibble - A Resource for Computer Repair Technicians & to get PC tech support help.

I followed the instructions and it managed to fix the problem, but I began having issues opening and launching different programs. For instance, I cannot open Windows Media Player (either via a link from Internet Explorer or opening it manually), and I can't launch AOL Instant Messenger - among other issues I'm having.

Does anyone have any idea what happened and what I can do to fix this problem?

The computer runs very fast now but if I can't have full use of my programs, then what is the point?

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-11-2008, 01:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Putting the X in Sapper
Default Re: Problems with svchost.exe

Sounds like an unrelated problem. I am assuming you have tried reinstalling the problem programs?

My Current PC-
Intel Q6600 G0 |Western Digital 250gb HD
Seagate 500gb HD | Western Digital 500gb HD | VisionTek HD4870 | 4gb Cruical Ballistix Tracer DDR2 800
850w Thermaltake PSU | Cooler Master Centurian 590 | 2x Dell 22" LCD

-900HA EEE pc
Old 03-11-2008, 04:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Problems with svchost.exe

But that is just the thing. svchost.exe runs several times and they are all system related processes. But there is also a spyware that is labeled very close to that that looks like scvhost.exe. I would suggest a cleaning on fthe system with Osiris's Guide located in the Virus secton.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread