Problems with the software of wireless usb modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

orbitaali

Solid State Member
The software for Nokia CS-15 is complete crap.
It will take up to 10 minutes to get the software running after starting it and while doing so, it will eat 100% of a single cpu core.
After it's up and running, it usually works. But if it disconnects, it propably requires exiting the software and restarting it and that means waiting 10 minutes again. Sometimes it stops working totally after disconnection and requires restarting windows. It will also disconnect more often if all my USB slots are busy with external hard drivesm USB sticks etc. Unfortunately I require 4 of my 6 USB slots to be reserved at all times (keyboard, mouse, printer and internet connection)
I have windows xp professional with service pack 3 and this thing requires at least service pack 2, so that's not the issue here.
Any ideas what I should try?

Flash it with new firmware. Nokia obviously knew it was a problem, so firmware changes where made.

Nokia Europe - Software - Nokia Internet Stick CS-15

I agree with Osiris, let Windows mange your wireless connection, if it's available for that type of card. I've used several wireless USB devices, and have seen better performance/reliability out of the Wireless management than any other software.

Flash it with new firmware. Nokia obviously knew it was a problem, so firmware changes where made.

Nokia Europe - Software - Nokia Internet Stick CS-15

I agree with Osiris, let Windows mange your wireless connection, if it's available for that type of card. I've used several wireless USB devices, and have seen better performance/reliability out of the Wireless management than any other software.

I have already tried the newest firmware, it wouldn't make any difference :cry:

What do you mean by Windows managing the wireless connection?

Start>Network Connections. See what Windows is showing in there. It should show all available network connections including the Nokia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom