Problems problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
Ok, my computer has really been acting strange latley.

For the past few weeks, it has been:

Closing Firefox randomly. It says Firefox encoutered a problem and it has to quit.

Restarting randomly, not at all provoked (heat, excessive applications, etc.)

Games will quit randomly.

Music that I download is distorted and messed up.

50% of anything that I download software-wise doesn't work when I try to install it. It says there are errors during the installation.

I cannot do a Windows update, it freezes.

All of this happens only in Windows. Not in Slackware. What is the problem here?

I have run spy checkers and cleaned everything. I though it might be a virus and I didn't want to mess with it so I reformatted.

All to no glory.

You reformatted and still having the same problems? You might want to check that you have all of the right drivers installed.

what errors in eventviewer and also if you disable autorestart on failure? List 'em if you could. Maybe just a matter of installing mbd chipset drivers, but I dont think that would really explain the firefox problem. Installed any plugins on firefox?? I know a few mess it up, at least on mine. I installed the swedish chef plug in on mine, and although amusing for awhile, caused firefox to eventually become unstable.

powersupply? have you checked it for any troubles? Excessive dust on the inside of your case?

Inaris said:
powersupply? have you checked it for any troubles? Excessive dust on the inside of your case?

I definatley have too much dust, just not enough time to clean it out.

How do I look in event viewer?

I get the blue screen of death whenever I turn off auto restart.

If it was a powersupply problem, wouldn't it do the same in Linux?
Same with memory...

event viewer is start / settings ..or just / control panel
then admin tools then click event viewer , the system tab

Goodness...I have more errors than I can count.

Application:

Error Application

System:

Error DCOM

I also have some warnings about registry files not loading correctly.

Looks like my CD Drive didn't install the OS properly or something...

no, no... that's not it... the messages can all be corrected unless they are Disc errors. Look at what the DCOM message is and post that. Then what is the application problem?

can you see a pattern to the errors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom