Problems opening files through WMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Zip1

In Runtime
Wheneva i try 2 open .wma or .mp3 files through Windows media player it sais "%1 is not a valid Win32 Aplication", i was just wondering if any of you have had this problem before and how i could fix it, without re-installing WMP.?

Which flavor of Windows are you running?

This is in the DDE in File associations, also known as a MIME type(I'll give EC to anyone who can tell me what MIME is, because I can't give you a word-for-word def. on MIME).

I can give you a broad description of how to diagnose it. Go into your explorer, then View-Folder options(may vary depending on OS), and then click on the extension. Then double-click on it, and go to OPEN. Double-click and paint a picture of what it shows.

If this doesn't make sense, then someone else can give you the non-Ozzy translation of what I just typed.

Ohh, yeah im running Windows 2003 Enterprise, and uhh, when i go 2 the folder options and "File Types" and scroll down to "MP3" it sais it is suppose to open with WMP and thats prety much it.

yeah, im running the latest version of WMP and, it doesnt say what error code it is in the window but if i click on the help button, it just sais "You've encountered error message 800700C1 while using Windows Media Player"

Use WinAmp 5 or RealPlayer(not suggested) per me. Or you can use Quick time. WMP is not the only player out there you have to use to play MP3's

i was having mediaplayer problems which still arent resolved and i was like no way do i want to reinstall and lose like my 300 playlists but i finally gave in cuz nothin else would work and it still didnt fix it- point is i reinstalled and didnt lose nething, dont uninstall it just reinstall again over the old one and c if it fixes it. btw i have xp and wmp9 which i gave up on, damn micro$oft u would think they could get something rite and get foobar http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_software/audio_players/foobar2000.cfm
best music player ever imo, not much to look at but the most options ive seen plus built in converter among many other things and very easy on the resources if ur just playing music and supports almost all music formats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom