Problems with Norton Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve000009

Beta member
I have installed my norton 2006 but when the configuration window pops up it comes up blank. I have tried intalling and uninstalling it but the same thing happens, i cant type in my product key cuz its just blank.

talldude123 said:
Norton is the problem all together. Use a different free antivirus. There are lots out there.

No. Norton is widely recognized as being one of the most reliable and frequently updated antiviruses available. There isn't a free one that can truly compare in terms of security and reliability. For $25 it's the best protection you can get. Read a magazine.

As far as Norton not running properly check these things:

-Make sure you've got 256mb of ram or more, Norton uses a decent amount of memory
-Be certain there are no other antivirus programs running as Norton doesn't play well with them
-You should definitely check out Symantec's Knowledge Base. It's pretty good as far as online knowledge bases go and it's answered a few questions for me. Maybe send their tech support an email too, they can be pretty good sometimes.

jorsoft03 said:
No. Norton is widely recognized as being one of the most reliable and frequently updated antiviruses available. There isn't a free one that can truly compare in terms of security and reliability. For $25 it's the best protection you can get. Read a magazine.

As far as Norton not running properly check these things:

-Make sure you've got 256mb of ram or more, Norton uses a decent amount of memory
-Be certain there are no other antivirus programs running as Norton doesn't play well with them
-You should definitely check out Symantec's Knowledge Base. It's pretty good as far as online knowledge bases go and it's answered a few questions for me. Maybe send their tech support an email too, they can be pretty good sometimes.

that's the funniest joke that I've heard in a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom