Problems with a new instalation of WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

drvennom

Beta member
I recently buy a "new" used motherboard to build a second Pc on home.
Install WinMe and all Ok, but when I tried to install Windows XP the installation freeze out and blockd out my keyboar on the blue screen of aceptation for "go on to the install stuff". (The DOS like part, b4 to have a chance to select nothing, even b4 the EULA)
I've tried unpluged and pluged back the keyboard, changing the kboard, changing the memory, re-format the HD, changin micros bettwenb machines (both of the PIII - 700Mhz - FSB 100 Mhz), changing the HD, upgrade the BIOS to a newer version and nothing. It allways crash the installation on the same place.
I start to belive that it's something about the BIOS conf, but dunno where else to look out.
The mother is a DFI-PW65E, with 192 MB of Ram and a Seagate HD of 20Gb, PIII slot 1, 700 mhz.
Anyone has any idea about to solve this problem.....?

i dont think its BIOS
i guess you should free more space and check for bad sectors
'since you have an old HD'
I had a similar problem when i had only 1 GB free in my hard and wanted to install try to increase your partition size 'if you can'

Have you been able to use the same XP CD to install Windows on the other computer? Or are you just installing XP on the one you have mentioned?

BTW check your XP CD to insure that it isn't scratched up or anything like that.

-GrayWolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom