Problems installing windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kandieman101

Beta member
I am attempting to install Windows XP and it freezes. I tried two CDs. The first freezes when loading all the files, and the second one gets to the screen where it says press enter to continue, etc. etc... but then it seems to freeze tehre because pressing ANY of the keys it mentions has no effect.

Any ideas...? I was hoping someone here might have some answer...

Try resetting the BIOS or clearing the CMOS jumper or try a different drive if you have one

I replaced the IDE cable for the hard drive and moved the stick of ram to another slot...

I managed to get past the screen "Enter to continue" but then I Get stuck on the license agreement screen.. it stops there :(

HELPPP! :(

Would formating allc urrent partiions and therefore having the "blank hard drive" work? Obviously my worry is that this would not work, and therefore everything would just not work.. an no operating system at all to use...

are you getting a blue screen that says hard drive not found?
What errors are exactly coming up ?

I used partitionmagic and created a new partition, and it set it as the active drive. Unsuccessful at installing the OS, now the active drive is an empty drive. How do I change the active drive back?

ahhh!!!

I have had problems installing XP, but I'm pretty sure my problems are just some corrupted files on the disc. I rang up one of my mates who works with computers and he suggested to delete all partitions, it didn't work for me but it might beworth a try.

If you don't know how to delete partitions then run Partition Magic, and then right click on all the partitions on the list and click delete. Then press apply and then your done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom