I completed building a new computer but cannot install Windows 98SE. The reason I want to install
Windows98SE is that I did it many times in the past whenever I formatted my harddrive.Later I will
upgrde to XP.Below is my procedure and the reults I got.
1) Start computer with W98SE boot floppy.
2) Start computer with CD-ROM support yes
3) PCI bus scan complete
iagnostic tools loaded to drive D
5) Message: Drive E = Driver MSCD001 unit0
6) Changes to A prompt.
7) C: type dir Result: Message Invalid media type reading drive c
d: type dir Result: Message Volume in drive D is MS-Ramdrive
e: type dir Result: Message Volume in drive E is Win98
8) From E prompt I type setup and hit Enter
Message pops up:
Please wait while Setup initializes
Scanning system registry
Windows Set up requires 734003
No further actions except a flashing bar under the messages...After waiting for 20 min
I turned the computer off.
9) At A prompt:
A large message appears,beginning with "Your computer has a disk larger than 512MB etc etc
At the end:
Do you wish to enable large disk support ( y/n) I chose yes and got following message:
1) Create DOD partition or Logical DOS Drive
2) Set active partition
3) Delete partition or Logical DOS Drive
4) Display partition info
As I am not sure what to do I selected 4)
Current fixed disk drive: 1
Partition Status Type VolumeLabel Mbyte System Usage
1 A PriDOS 18186 unknown 100 %
Does anybody have an idea what is wrong ?
Your help is appreciated.