Problems instaling windows 7

LordAcati

Beta member
First of all sorry if my english is bad, its not my frist language.

I have bought a new desktop gaming pc, and im using a usb cd driver to try and install windows 7, while waiting for windows 10 to come.

And it works just as it should untill i enter the ''Starting Windows'' screen with the logo and everything. then it freezes. Ive tried alot of things that has been posted on the internett but nothing works. It all just seems to be to specific specs.

I tried running it in safe mode, it just freezes at Loaded: \windows\system32\drivers\disk.sys

I need
help.... badly.

im using a disc version. i have empty usb ''storage units'' and alot of time.
Im fairly new to more high end pc tech.

My specs is.

Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz, 2 cores /4 threads
GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5, G-Sync, DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.5
1TB Harddisk 7200rpm
8GB DDR4 2400MHz, 2x4GB (2 avaliable slots. Supports upwards of64GB)
450W ATX powersuply
And a gigabyte motherboard of somekind, it did not spesify in the specs when i bought it what exact type it was. but for a 600dollar budget pc it cant be that expensive

Ty for help and time if u decide to take some out of your day to help.

Lots of love, Lordacati.

Last edited:
First of all sorry if my english is bad, its not my frist language.

I have bought a new desktop gaming pc, and im using a usb cd driver to try and install windows 7, while waiting for windows 10 to come.

And it works just as it should untill i enter the ''Starting Windows'' screen with the logo and everything. then it freezes. Ive tried alot of things that has been posted on the internett but nothing works. It all just seems to be to specific specs.

I tried running it in safe mode, it just freezes at Loaded: \windows\system32\drivers\disk.sys

I need
help.... badly.

im using a disc version. i have empty usb ''storage units'' and alot of time.
Im fairly new to more high end pc tech.

My specs is.

Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz, 2 cores /4 threads
GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5, G-Sync, DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.5
1TB Harddisk 7200rpm
8GB DDR4 2400MHz, 2x4GB (2 avaliable slots. Supports upwards of64GB)
450W ATX powersuply
And a gigabyte motherboard of somekind, it did not spesify in the specs when i bought it what exact type it was. but for a 600dollar budget pc it cant be that expensive

Ty for help and time if u decide to take some out of your day to help.

Lots of love, Lordacati.
Note : The exact motherboard is Gigabyte b250-fintech

Technically, Microsoft does not support Windows 7 with Kabk Lake processors. Also technically, you can install Windows 7 on a Kaby Lake cpu and a b250 board but you'll have to do some changes in the bios and manually install usb 3.0 drivers
Read this for your drivers
https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/FAQ/3459
https://digiworthy.com/2017/01/28/windows-7-runs-on-kaby-lake-processor-igp-driver/

Seeing that you want to install 7 in order to free upgrade to 10, won't be an easy (like just popping in an install disk and going) task...but it may be possible

Last edited:
Technically, Microsoft does not support Windows 7 with Kabk Lake processors. Also technically, you can install Windows 7 on a Kaby Lake cpu and a b250 board but you'll have to do some changes in the bios and manually install usb 3.0 drivers
Read this for your drivers
https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/FAQ/3459
https://digiworthy.com/2017/01/28/windows-7-runs-on-kaby-lake-processor-igp-driver/

Seeing that you want to install 7 in order to free upgrade to 10, won't be an easy (like just popping in an install disk and going) task...but it may be possible
Only reason im instaling win 7 is i need to get on the internett so i can lincense it to get windows 10 pro and all that sh*t

You are aware that you could install Windows 10 on that pc and use a valid Windows 7 or 8/8.1 license to activate Windows 10 ?

Last edited:
You are aware that you could install Windows 10 on that pc and use a valid Windows 7 or 8/8.1 license to activate Windows 10 ?

This. Just need to enter the Windows 7 license key during the install when it asks for your product key.

Windows won't be suppoted by Microsoft,are you still want to install Windows 7 on your pc.How about Window 10?

I got a tutorial on installing Windows 7 (From Google),as what it said,using the Windows 7 installation disk is the best way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom