Problems with IE6

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnsportsmanjr

Solid State Member
Hello.

My IE6 is acting up and I cant figure out what the problem is. When I open it at the very top it used to say the full name of the site I was on. Now it only shows one letter. Like now it should say something like Computer Forums but it only says the letter C.

Also after a few minutes the File Edit view and so on goes grey and I cant click on them. Sometimes it does that and other times I cant click on them at all even tho they will highlight.

I tried to uninstall it but it is not in my Control Panel, in Add oor remove programs either. I also tried installing IE7 over the top of it but had other issues with that version.

Any idea's?

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

Well it could be a couple of things. It could be because IE7 started to isntall and over wrote part of your IE6 files.

Also go back to teh Add/Remove programs and check the box at the top that says Show Updates. You should then see IE6 in there.

Stay away from IE6, its outdated and it doesn't protect you when your surfing the net. I was going to say go with IE7 but since that doesn't work,
Go with Firefox Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable
"Or" Opera Download Opera Web Browser

Btw, you said after some time it goes grey; your comp might have spyware so....check out Osiris's guide or just run some scans with your software and see what you find http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/spyware-removal-guide-osiris-161792/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom