Problems with Graphical Artifacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutral_Bob

Beta member
I recently ran into some problems regarding graphical artifacts. My brother avidly plays games on our PC of varying graphical requirement. Our computer isn't really a gaming computer but for the longest time it's been able to run games like Minecraft, Toy Soldiers, and Universe Sandbox with no problem or lag whatsoever. Recently we've ran into a problem, though. Games like Minecraft, Universe Sandbox, and Empire Total war run with no problems, however other games we own that have similar graphics experience a ridiculous amount of graphical artifacts (I hope I'm using that term properly...).

Anyway, the point is that I'd really like some help finding out what the deal is. The majority of the games that we're having problems with are Steam related, however some of them aren't, and the majority of the games we have that work aren't Steam related, and yet a few are. At first I thought it had something to do with out graphics/video card, however if that was really the case would it act like this?

I'm not the most knowledgeable guy regarding computers, but I am willing to accept any advice given. For those who are curious here are some of our computer's specs:

HP Model e9220y

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 910 Processor 2.60 GHz

8 GB of Ram

64-bit OS

I know it's not much at the moment, but I really don't know what specs would be considered the most relevant in this situation.

Have you tried updating the drivers?

Get GPU-Z and monitor your temps of the graphics card while the games are going to see how high they're getting.

My brother actually updated them today and it didn't change anything. He also has a program that monitors the processing speed and temperature as well. Normally the computer stays at the recommended temperatures, only jumping up about five to six degrees or so. I'll have to look up the program he used and get back with you on it, but when we checked it yesterday the temperature change wasn't drastic.

Alright, it's 57 C with nothing but this page, and the software, running. With a game running it's at 74 C. Wow, that's quite a lot more than last time...I don't know if that's extreme, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom