Problems connecting to MSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

a.szczep

Beta member
Okay, well I decided to start a new topic so not to change the basic topic of the other one, and to also get more replies since the topic title would be different.

Basically a friend is having some problems connecting to MSN. When he tries to connect, it gives the usual "Please try again later." and then when he does the analyse, it states that there is a problem with the principle ports.
However it was working only last night, so it's kind of strange that it won't work now. Does anyone have any ideas in regards to this?

Thanks

PS: He's in Windows XP and is using the latest state MSN Messenger.

Well i would say try to restart. I know that MSN Messenger is starting their switchover. For MSN 7.5 they use protocol 12 to conect. For WLM (MSN 8) they use prtocol 13. So there has been some problems for those still using the old MSN (7.5). M$ is starting to switch the servers over to recognize the WLM protocol more often.

Best bet is restart. Make sure everything loads up. Then try to start MSN. If that dont work then close it down totally. Restart the app and see if you can get it to work. This is what i do when i have issues. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 restarts to get everythign working correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom