Problem with XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefpacman

Beta member
I recently did a system restore, and although it was successful, I ended up reverting back to before I did the system restore. After this second restore, I logged on to my account, and it froze while loading my settings.

I turned the computer off and on, and it brought me to the screen telling me windows had experienced an issue. I chose to continue windows normally, and while loading windows xp, a blue screen appeared (for about a split second) and it took me back to the beginning when I had just had turned my pc on.

It again told me windows had experienced a problem. This time, I chose to revert back to when the computer was last working. While loading Windows XP a blue screen again popped up, and I was sent back to the beginning.

It is a never ending cycle. I have tried every option multiple times with no results. Is there anything I can do?

would this be a hardware problem or an operating issue?

thank you a ton, I have been having several computer problems lately and it is driving me insane. I have spent about $500 the last two months having computers around my house repaired, and I can not keep it up.

You need to hit F8 after the BIOS screen but before the XP loading screen. There choose the option under the advanced boot settings to stop the system from restarting upon failure. This is the only way we can be of any assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom