problem with xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEd

Baseband Member
im having a problem installing windows xp on the comptuer i just built. everything works fine up til it asks whcih partition would you like to install to, i only have one partition so i select it and comes up to a screen with 3 choices quick format partition, format partition, and leave partition as is. after i click any off these it does its thing then comes up with this error message.

The following value in the .sif file used by setup is corrupted or missing.

Value 0 on the line in section [SourceDiskFiles] with key "Spl.cab."

Setup can not continue to qui setup, press F3.

ive tried everything i could think of and still get this message.

thats says its for windows 2000, also i dont realy understand what they are saying to do in that.

Ok is your harddrive barebone "nothing on it at all" if so have you installed your drivers on to you hard drive- Or is it a used harddrive if so then you have to do a lowlevel format. What is the brand name of your harddrive also?

should have nothing on it, its a new 80 gb western digal harddrive. and it has no drivers installed.

is a low level format different than a regular format, because ive tried formating the harddrive a few times already, im getting pretty pissed off at my computer.

You can reformat your hard drive and reinstall your os again.If this does not work then there might be something wrong with your os.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom