Problem with windows booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Gootch

TechyBurst
When i boot my PC and it gets to XP logo screen, the little bar that moves stops moving for like 30 seconds then moves a lil then continues to load windows. But it stays their for like 1-2 mins before it loads into windows.. i dont have alot of process's running... It started doing this after i updated my computer with windows updates. i have windows xp home sp1. i hate sp2.

Dr.Gootch said:
i hate sp2.

Why? It provides better security for your computer as well as hotfixes.

When i boot my PC and it gets to XP logo screen, the little bar that moves stops moving for like 30 seconds then moves a lil then continues to load windows

Have you scanned for viruses or spyware?

It's a driver that is hanging, A fresh install will help for sure but if you don't want to go that far try reinstalling all your drivers, Chipset, Video, sound, and any add on cards.

Are there any devices in device manager that have error's?

Device manager looks good, no exclamation marks or nething. If i install Sp2 i cant play certain games, Cant recieve files on MSN. i just formatted not to long ago cuz of the same problem and it is back again. :(

try "last known good configuration" , restart and press F8 just before windows starts , might wanna check windows updates history , maybe it installed some driver... , anyway next time your updating better make it manually and not automatic ,look at what each update is, dont install anything unnessary

what did you do to your pc before this all happened since you said you had this problem again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom