Problem w/HardDrive - Stop Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnycack

Beta member
Well, I had this problem with my laptop like 6 months ago, and here we go again. Back then, I had the same problem. Well, I decided to retire the thing. However, just last week, I thought "why not try to fix it again". So I started it up, and it looked like it was loading Windows, but a black screen appeared. I hit my LCD/CRT button, and (by pure luck) the screen came on, just fine. Everything (every program, screen saver, background, etc.) was still there like nothing had happened. So, Im going about my business, using my laptop with no problems, and today I come into work (I leave it at work) and the Blue Screen of Death is on there, and I can hear the Hard Drive just a clicking away. A short click about every second. This was the message:

KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

If this is the first time.......

Stop: 0x00000077 (0xC00000E, )xC000000E, 0x0000000, 0x003E6000)

I restart it, and it looks like its going good, I enter my windows password, it starts loading, the clicking begins, and then the screen. Here is the second message:

KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

If this is ......

Stop: 0x0000007A (0xE17489B8, 0xC000000E, 0xBF8B0D81, 0x11756860)

win32k.sys - Address BF8B0D81 bas at BF800000, Date Stamp 3b7de698

I restart it again, enter my password, it loads, the clicking begins, but this time it just froze.

Thats what I got. What do you think?

The clicking had me wondering if I shouldnt just buy a new drive, I was just trying to do what I could to save $, and fix it if I could. Im sure it is a bad drive, so thanks for confirming that!

What kind of laptop is it? We can possibly help you find the cheapest harddrive for it. ;) If you have to resort to buyin' a new one.

gateway solo 1450 (about 3-4 years old) - Ran pretty good for the most part, and it has been abused (oops)

Oh, and I would want no more than a 40GB drive. I just do work stuff on there. Well, that and music, but 40 is big enough considering I had 20 on the last one, and still had 7 left to fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom