Problem In Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

wycherley

Baseband Member
im having a problem on a stand alone machine were if i download something and the try to open it from the download box when it has completed i get a windows error message saying i dont have permission to open the file. Once i browse to the file i can open it though? Its the only user account on the computer, its set to run as an administrator an i have checked the security permission of files that i have downloaded and i have full control over them. can anyone help??

the only thing that comes to mind is the program may be corrupted. i would try something like an MD5 checker to inspect the integrity of the program. another option could be to download the file from an alternate source. here is one that came up when i searched on google...

MD5 Checker for Windows

It probably wouldn't be that if he can browse to the file and open it.

Have you checked what directory you saved it in? It's always good in Vista to save your downloads somewhere in your user folder, especially the Download folder in there. Sometimes if you save a file in another directory outside your user folder, it causes trouble like that. At first, I was saving to a Download folder that I created on the root c:, and I had trouble like that until I started saving files to the Download folder in my user folder.

400 gig raptor? huh?

I am stumped as well I was going to say the same thing about it being a bad install of the program, and it still could be but most likely not. hmmmm....

yeah i know have been meaning to change that was my old sig and just updated it the 400gb and Raptor have mixed, sorry for confusion.

Anyway i found out what it was, it was the security settings in Explore it was set to high and all the radio buttons were in mad places so reset them to default and works fine again. thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom