problem with viewing pictures in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
I saved a bunch of pictures onto a dvd from the computer I am using now, which has Windows XP. I transferred them to the computer I just built, which has Windows Vista 64bit Home Premium. Vista will not recognize them. It says the file type is not supported. Which don't make sense because they are .jpeg. Even after Windows was updated, it would still not recognize them. Has there been known issues with this and what is a solution?

I already stated this in one of your other threads. It has to do with how you burnt the CD in Windows XP. If you used the CD Maker function in XP the CD will only be recognized by a XP machine. There was a issue with the way XP burnt the CD's that only allowed for a XP machine to recognize the CD. This is not a problem with Vista but how you burnt the CD.

I stumbled upon this one day myself. Burned a CD in XP. Wokred fine on every XP machine. Never worked on any other machine. Be it a Windows 98, Windows 2000, or Vista machine. Ended up putting the info back on XP and burning the disc again with Nero.

i think there was something like that in Vista...burned in vista in some way, only viewable by vista...or something

this optical standards...has no real standards :p

Okay so you used Nero. Did you use the Burn Data CD function? What function did you use to burn it? Have you tried it on any other machine? Does it work on the machine you burnt it on?

I think I know what the problem was. The first one tried I used Nero 8 trial so I burned a second copy using Nero 7. Now it recognizes them. Problem solved. I guess Nero 8 trial was the problem. I need to get Nero 8 so I can install it on Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom