Problem uninstalling Acrobat Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circle

Solid State Member
I got the message "Unable to locate the uninstallation log file .." when trying to uninstall Acrobat Adobe 5.0 using Add/Remove Programs. I played around with the UninstallString key in regedit (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->Software-->Microsoft-->Windows-->Uninstall-->Adobe) without saving its value.

Please help me uninstall the program. Does anyone know how to fix the problem? Please help!

Try to reinstall it first then uninstall it after it's been installed again. There is always a way to manually uninstall an application in Windows, however, try this first.

-Mike

The uninstaller that Adobe 5 is using is an older version that uses a log file to record changes made to the system so that when it uninstalls, it takes those chanes back. This is done by calling Uninstall.exe "Logfile" Ussually the file is located in the install directory of the program.
That is probably more info than you need, but I wanted to state that...

As mikesgroovin stated, reinstalling will recreate the log file and then you can uninstall. But if you find the log file on the mahcine, you can just change the setting in the uninstall Key in the registry to point it to the correct logfile.

Good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom