Problem with two Registry Keys - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2006, 07:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Problem with two Registry Keys

Hi everyone, I have accidentally edit the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Winlogon and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Userinit
and now my system starts and reboots immidiatelly. I tried system restore, safe mode and nothing. I want to re install windows but the administrator password i type is not accepted although is the same i used to typ to enter my system. What is by default the admin pass in win xp?
Thanks in advance...

Old 10-09-2006, 10:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

If you plan to reinstall windows you shouldn't need to enter an admin password. It sounds like your using XP Home Edition. If thats the case, then you could remove the admin password through your own user account as long as you have admin privliges. When your computer starts to boot press the F8 key until you see the advanced options screen. Select safe mode. When you get to the welcome screen, log in under your account and go to the control panel...user the admin account and remove the password. My advice would be to reinstall windows.
Closed Thread