Problem with start-up with Win2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtsui

Solid State Member
it appears my "c:\winnt\system32\config\SYSTEMced files got corrupted. I've tried repairing it with win2000 emergency repair disk at start-up but it didn't seem to help.

I've also tried the method posted here http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBF/TIP2700/rh2783.htm

Although that allows me to start my OS again, a lot of my programs no longer work because the registry is renewed. I have not ever backed up my registry (at least i don't think) so therefore it is reset to default as of now. Now for the method posted in the link above, it creates a back of my corrupted system files and names them "system.old" and "systemalt.old". I was wondering if there is a way to repair those two files while in using the default registry, then go back into the recovery console to put them back in to restore my computer again. If not, do you guys have any tips on restoring my registry?

Thanks.

well the problem was fixed and at the bottom on the tip it said

NOTE: Any services, device drivers, or program registry entries that where installed after the date of this System hive must be reinstalled.

so i would just reinstall those programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom