Problem sometimes when starting Win2000Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

I)arkTemplar

Baseband Member
:( Hey everyone,
I'm new to this forum, but about 1/2 or 1/3 of the time when I start my computer, when Win2000 Pro is loading on the 'clouds' screen with a big Windows logo and the loading bar, it freezes.
I have no idea what is wrong, it is starting to get annoying though. If anyone could help me then thank you in advance!
-DT
by the way xmas holidays just started!!:D

You sure you got Windows 2000?
Or is it 9x?

- Try booting in Safe-Mode and see the difference in time to boot.
If significant, use msconfig (in safe-mode) to uncheck all unnessecary programs from starting up and see how it goes.
Hopefully when in msconfig you'll spot a potential culprit (spyware/adware or virus)

Aww, two problems..
1. My bad :(, it wasn't a screen with clouds, it was just a blank screen (I guess I have a horrible memory) with a Windows logo and some coloured borders of squares. On the bottom of that screen, its grayish and has a blue loading bar that has stuff like |||||||||||| not just fully filled.
2. I tried Safe-Mode, the significance was HUGE, it took forever, and the screen I talked about didn't appear at all. I used 'Run' and typed in msconfig, and it said there was no such thing or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom