Problem solving?

jimmyfire

Solid State Member
My friend can play an online game with my at my place with his laptop but for some reason at his place it wont connect online at all only with that game... there so far hasnt been a solution I have allowed all the ports given in his firewall and such still perfect connection here yet no connection at his home contacted the games company he has no issues on their end... Now knowing just that is there some specific reason this could be his home internet is by far way faster and stable then mine so I have no idea what the issue could be. I have not said the name because searching by name I have read more then a books worth of issues and solutions without solving.

Is this over wired or wireless?

Does he have a combination router/modem, or 2 separate devices?
If 2 separate... bypass the router and plug directly with ethernet into the modem and see if he still has issues.

Looks like it's a single modem/router combo.. If you want to do some more troubleshooting... if you're on the same ISP, you could try taking your modem to his house and see if it works or not. That'd be one way to test. Otherwise, have him call his ISP and get his modem replaced. If he's only having issues at his house, and it's over both wired and wireless... I'd say it's either something on the ISP end, a cabling issue to his house, or a bad modem. Usually it's a bad modem and that's the first thing the ISP will replace as well.

Back
Top Bottom