Problem reinstalling IE7

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaJa789NeO

Beta member
Ok...now that i have internet. Microsoft wants me to update the system. One Freaking Prob! I got IE7 and had to un-install it later in a failed attempt to force flash,Java, and Direct Show to work. (Funny how all of these things worked just fine on IE6) I also updated flash and Java before I actually un-installed IE7 just in case.btw i un-installed IE7 using the windows Add/Remove Components.

I go to re-install IE7 from the windows website. Ok....it downloads and installs (supposedly) just fine and tells me to reboot. OK. I did, I log back on and....it says it's dwnloading the rest of IE7's components, Ok...i wait....for 2 hours....definetly didn't take this long be4. (Explorer hasn't even popped up yet. It's only showing my background and the Updater) Out of desperation i Ctrl/Alt/Delete and close the IE7 updater and installer. It then goes to explorer...and i'm liek great...sumtin screwed up. I got to start/all programs. And check the Internet Explorer panel thingy.... It opens and the only thing there was the web publishing wizard. Great as if it was never installed. OK! 3rd try.

It installs and tells me to reboot. I log back in. and now it goes straight to explorer, loads everything it's suppose to load. No updater window pops up or anything. I reinstall 3 more times and get the same thing. No evidence of it being installed before whatsoever. YAY! I AM SCREWED!

plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom