Problem Recovering Data From Damaged Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zizou10

Beta member
Hi,

I was importing hand histories from DVD RW to Holdem Manager when I pressed eject by mistake. I believe this caused the problem, as ever since the disk has appeared empty when I open the disk. However, on properties it has 400mb~ in use so I thought the data was still there, just not available to me for whatever reason.

A friend of mine suggested Isobuster, which accesed the files instantly, every folder/file that I need is there. However to extract the data I would need to pay $30, which if all other options fail, I'm happy to do. I would like to explore other options before making that payment though.

I used google to search for cheaper/free options, maybe 15 in total, most of them couldnt even find the data, and the others required similar fee's. I'm told that in the November edition of Computer Shopper there will be a free copy of Isobuster, I have no idea if this is true, a quick google search provided little.

As you can tell I'm a computer noob, so please no hate lol. I have spent almost 10 hours trying to recover these documents today, so I'm a little frustrated/jaded, so please excuse grammar/spelling mistakes I may have made. I have tried to include as much information as I can think of right now, no doubt I have missed out alot though, I will try to provide any further information required.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Thanks.

Thanks for the response.

I just tried that program, no success :( Messing around with Isobuster has changed the files on the disk, it now has two folders, both named cd. One is 404mb, which is the size of the documents I need. This file only opens with Isobuster now, No idea what I have done.

I'm close to giving up, either waiting for the November edition of computer shopper, or paying the $30. I have spent almost a full day on this lol.

Any other advice would be appreciated before I concede defeat.

Thanks.

It seems that $30 would pay for the time you've already put into trying to figure this out. If the data is worth $30 and your time, go for it.

I will keep that link in my for further cases where I no doubt corrupt data on usb drives. Thankyou.

Just going to pay the $30 I think.

Thanks for your help guys.

Bad CD repair would do the job, Although it has to be bought. It is capable of retrieving files that are corrupt in the middle which can either be filled with 0's, Or just join up the parts that it can retrieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom