Problem playing video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myth`n`Legend

Beta member
I have a problem playing some xvid files, not all of them, however I do have all the codecs installed for all I know, and even when I check with GSpot it says that I do, yet the file doesn't play...it stays on pause which means that technically, it's "playing", but the seconds don't move, and the screen is black, so it isn't...also when I move the bar a lil bit it says seeking, and after like 20 seconds start only audio, but no video. The files are 100% NOT corrupted. Anyone have any idea what may be the problem?

What codec pack are you using. I had the same problem with xvid, some worked with the codec pack I had others did not. I ended up downloading a different one and it worked fine. I am not at my home pc so I'm not sure which one it is. I would just try out some of the different codecs for xvid. I also use core video play which I like better than divx.

Wow matroska actually worked! You have no idea how many things I've tried before that none of them working. Thanks jcambece for trying to provide an answer, and thanks alot Eric for the codecs! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom