Problem with PC... please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dover

Solid State Member
Hello,

I started having trouble iwth my pc awhile ago and here is what it's doing... When I boot up, it takes about 35 minutes to fully boot. I tried Safe Mode and it took about the same length of time. I loaded AVG Stinger and did a system scan, which took an amazing 44+ hours to finish. When it finished, there was no virus detected.

So, my question is, does anyone have any suggestions. FYI it's a XP home on a Dell pc. If there is any other info you need, just let me know. I also just reformatted and re-installed everything about a month ago and all was working fine until this issue came up.

Thanks in advance!
Ben

Unfortunatly it jsut expired :mad:

I have nothing else I know to try... I really don't want to reformat or reinstall again... Does this sound symptomatic of any viruses???

Thanks again,
Ben

um, did you INSTALL your MBD driver set (AGP/PCI/IDE)??? Make sure mainboard drivers are installed. Then if that doesn't work use bootvis, but most people after a format fail to install MB chipset drivers.

I thought I did, but I will make sure... Should I just reformat and start over again, since it is taking so long to get anything done??? Or should I attempt reloading the MBD drivers???

Thanks,
Ben

try loading the drivers first... if that doesn't work, then yeah I'd do it again and make SURE to use the MDB drivers and not generic windows ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom