problem PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfish

Intelligent Metalhead
After all the difficulties I've been having lately, I thought that my computer might be slowly beginning to settle into a stable state. Well, my internet began having unexplained connection problems about a month ago, and today it finally just gave up trying. I may or may not have fixed that problem with a system restore (which supposedly failed, no less) and a DNS flush. However, there are a number of bugs in my system that are not serious problems now, but I want to get rid of them before they lead to more critical issues. Because of the string of endless errors that my computer has given me for the past year and a half, I get the feeling that there is some big problem somewhere in my system software that manifests itself in various random BSODs (which happen every few days, usually when I'm not home so I can't write down the codes) and these mysterious little glitches.

One interesting glitch that happened after I ran an SFC scan today was that as the scan finished running, I was walking over to my computer and saw DOS skip four lines and type what seemed to be random gibberish in the bottom one (I don't remember exactly what, something like jklyg but it was all text). It was as if a poltergeist was screwing around with me or something. Little glitches like that happen all the time, on an almost daily basis.

There's also an error code that pops up every time I log in, it says "Access violation at adress 0040D509 in module 'aaCenter.exe'. Read of address 0019462F."

Also, although my internet is now working again, when I logged back in I got a message saying "An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070057)"

Looking through event viewer, just in the past hour I see the following errors:

"The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section."

"Unloading the Performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code."

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID [...] and APPID [...] to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID [...] from address LocalHost (using LRPC)...."

"The following boot-start or system-start drivers failed to load: SymIM"

"The ICS_IPV6 was unable to allocate [] bytes of memory. This may indicate that the system is low on virtual memory, or that the memory manager has encountered an internal error."
In the Details tab for the above error, this is what is written: "This event is not displayed correctly because the underlying XML is not well formed. Below is the raw text of the event. 3400503000x800000000000000293149SystemChristopher-PC"

"Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D"

"Custom dynamic link libraries are being unloaded for every application [...]"

and about 5 or so others. Scrolling through the list I see quite a few hard disk controller errors, but there are a lot of random errors.

I am determined to get to the root of my computer's problems, so if anyone could help me interpret these I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

After all the difficulties I've been having lately, I thought that my computer might be slowly beginning to settle into a stable state. Well, my internet began having unexplained connection problems about a month ago, and today it finally just gave up trying. I may or may not have fixed that problem with a system restore (which supposedly failed, no less) and a DNS flush. However, there are a number of bugs in my system that are not serious problems now, but I want to get rid of them before they lead to more critical issues. Because of the string of endless errors that my computer has given me for the past year and a half, I get the feeling that there is some big problem somewhere in my system software that manifests itself in various random BSODs (which happen every few days, usually when I'm not home so I can't write down the codes) and these mysterious little glitches.

One interesting glitch that happened after I ran an SFC scan today was that as the scan finished running, I was walking over to my computer and saw DOS skip four lines and type what seemed to be random gibberish in the bottom one (I don't remember exactly what, something like jklyg but it was all text). It was as if a poltergeist was screwing around with me or something. Little glitches like that happen all the time, on an almost daily basis.

There's also an error code that pops up every time I log in, it says "Access violation at adress 0040D509 in module 'aaCenter.exe'. Read of address 0019462F."

Also, although my internet is now working again, when I logged back in I got a message saying "An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070057)"

Looking through event viewer, just in the past hour I see the following errors:

The way to fix the 0x80070057 error is to first allocate more memory to the "registry" of your PC, and then fix any potential registry errors your PC might have. You should do this by first clicking onto the "Control Panel", browsing to "System And Security Settings", and then adding more virtual memory to your system. This will allow your PC to handle more complicated functions, which should prevent any further problems that your system might have. On top of that, it's recommended that you use a "registry cleaner" to fix the errors your computer may have. A registry cleaner is a type of software which will scan through the registry database of your PC and fix any of the potential errors that are inside. It's often the case that registry errors will cause Windows to run extremely unreliably, causing all sorts of errors for your PC. To ensure this problem is not an issue, you should download a registry cleaner, install it and then let it scan through your PC to fix any of the problems inside.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5068990

Redfish about how much ram total do you have, also what type of NIC card do you have and the current settings on it ?
If your internet is not working, your nic will not blink and windows 7 may have a stop error code letting you know what is happening.
You need to check your memory with memtest or something similiar suite in DOS mode and see what it brings up.

I have 8 GB of RAM (typically less than 4 GB are being used at any one time). My wireless internet card is this Zyxel USB stick Verizon gave us with the router, but I moved the router up to my room when I worked on it so right now my computer is plugged in to the router directly. I don't know what my settings are but before I fixed it I tried running some ping tests and any ping tests to any outside servers came back with a "general failure" notification, but pinging my network card came back positive, and Verizon said the connection between the network card/router and the internet was normal, so there must have been an internal software problem.

I'll try to figure out how to run some diagnostics or something on my memory and see what comes back up. I have gone through 3 different sets of RAM, though, and I've had issues with all of them, so I doubt that's it. In fact, the only thing I haven't changed since I built the computer is the hard drive.... :doh:

I have 8 GB of RAM (typically less than 4 GB are being used at any one time). My wireless internet card is this Zyxel USB stick Verizon gave us with the router, but I moved the router up to my room when I worked on it so right now my computer is plugged in to the router directly. I don't know what my settings are but before I fixed it I tried running some ping tests and any ping tests to any outside servers came back with a "general failure" notification, but pinging my network card came back positive, and Verizon said the connection between the network card/router and the internet was normal, so there must have been an internal software problem.

I'll try to figure out how to run some diagnostics or something on my memory and see what comes back up. I have gone through 3 different sets of RAM, though, and I've had issues with all of them, so I doubt that's it. In fact, the only thing I haven't changed since I built the computer is the hard drive.... :doh:

I figured one of your components might be knocking up windows for it to do that.
Depending on how old the hdd is and if there still is a warranty, I would get it RMA'd if it comes back as faulty.

Did you get yourself a new cpu ? last time I checked you had a 1055T same one like mine in late 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom