Problem with OS/Reformatting my Computer. Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDM555

In Runtime
Hey guys, about 10 months ago I purchased a lot of parts and built my first computer. The parts are in my sig. It has been running fine for the first few months, but then I encountered some BSOD or other minor problems. For the last 2ish months, the BSOD was becoming a little out of control and the anti-virus ordeal was also getting kind of funked up. And now, I realized my computer needed to be reformatted. Yesterday night my Anti-Virus ran out and I didn't have the key, so It was turned off and it gave me 3 BSOD. So I figured it was from the anti-virus. So today, I try to start it and it's EXTREMELY laggy, the internet doesn't want to load, and overall it's a pos. I then pop in the Windows XP CD while logged in and it starts fine and asks for the registration key and I enter it, all works fine. It says it needs to restart to boot off the CD or w/e. I click OK, and it asks me, Go to "Windows XP Home" or Go to "Windows XP Setup". If I click XP Home, it takes me to my regular log in and what not. So I clicked Setup, it goes to a black screen and it doesn't change.

That's the problem, I can't even reformat. I put the CD in, and clicked Setup, yet it stays at a Black/Blank Screen for several minutes and doesn't change. The CD isn't even being read, and it's not frozen since there is a blinking _ on the top left. I tried clicking Windows XP Home and it won't get to my log in anymore. It also turns into a black screen right before it and stops.

Uhhh, I have never heard about this and it's starting to **** me off. If anyone knows what to do or anything to try, PLEASE help me since I need to reformat ASAP.
Thank You
John

reset cmos. take your ram out and disconnect hdds. turn on computer. it won't start. do it once more. then put them back. use powermax to wipe the drive. now put the xp cd back in and reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom