Problem with Operating System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to the boot.ini again and post it up again like you did before.

Ok, I've tried installin a game on my PC but it doesnt start. I think the problem is with the video drives. It says I'm using my generic video adapter or something under Device Manager. I had an Intel Video card installed on my original OS that was reformatted with XP Pro I'm using right now? Any idea how to get my original Video Driver back? This is what shows under right click on Desktop>PROPERTIES>SETTINGS :

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1850/displayoo9.png

That isnt a big issue. If you install teh software for your monitor would that change. Both of my monitors read as generic.

Yeah but I think my Video Card isn't being recognized as well as my video drives...any way I can restore them back?

Download your latest driver set from either you manufacturer's site or get them from ATi or nVidia's site. Depending on what type of card you have.

Download your latest driver set from either you manufacturer's site or get them from ATi or nVidia's site. Depending on what type of card you have.

How would I know what kind of card I have? It isn't being recognized anywhere on the PC. I remember having a Intel Chipset on my PC but how will I know w/o my drivers being recognized?

Download PCWizard and run that. It will tell you what card you have without drivers.
Sweet, it worked.
I have a Intel Corporation 82915G/GV/GL, 82910GL Integrated Graphics Device. Now to install my drivers, I just d/l them off Intel's site? Right now I have no video drivers.

Yes. Either that or get them from your PC Manufacturer's site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom