problem with norton ghost 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaximusNukeage

In Runtime
I run "copy my hard drive" and it gets 99% done then it stops and says that something accessed the source drive and it has to restart it's done this twice now. after it stops the process the source drive looks to be almost complete. what should I do, and has any one else had this problem?

I was not booting from CD, I was doing it in windows.
I found out that I could get it to go to completion if I turned off my internet and Norton anti-virus.

But, now i have a diffrent problem with it. I got the corpy my hard drive to go to 100% and say that it's done. but I cant figure out how to make it boot from the other drive properly. I tried cnanging the boot order in the bios and unpluggin the origional drive and booting from the new one. when i changed the bios the computer still booted from the original drive, and when i removed the original drive the computer would start to boot from the new drive and the freeze right before the welcome to windows xp screen. what should i do?

Note: both drives are SATA. the old one is a 7,200rpm maxtor and the new one is a 10,00rpm raptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom